NWBroward
(Registered User)
Tue Oct 25 2005 09:28 PM
Attachment
Re: latest TWO

I was on the IRC channel during the storm until about 20 mins after the eye. I was pretty encouraged with the minor damage we took from the first eye wall (winds from the South), but the second eye wall (winds from the West) slaughtered us. Trees that were down actually lifted up and over to fall down the other way. We lost power (still gone of course), phones, and everything else. Damage is pretty bad down there. It's all relative I guess .. since it's nowhere near Katrina damage .. but for us it's awful.

I packed up the family a few hours after the storm (when I first started hearing rumors that it would be a week or so without power) and headed North. Now we're in "The Happiest Place On Earth™" and the kids coudln't be happier. The adults however .. we could be happier.

Hope everyone is well.

NWBroward (Coral Springs, FL)

PS: Attachment shows a pic with the front of my house inside the eye, and after the storm. Note the direction of the fallen tree.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center