Bloodstar
(Moderator)
Thu Oct 27 2005 06:34 PM
Re: Watching a Few Areas in The Tropics

A couple of other features that catch the eye for a brief moment are:

29N 87W: Some sort of low pressure, looks like shear is pummeling it, so it shouldn't be an issue, but it's still something to look at, (if for no other reason than to remind ourselves that not every low pressure develops into a tropical depression )

31N 80W Low pressure moving due north it seems, even if it were in a good environment, it looks like it'd run out of ocean before it is going to run into south carolina.

I think 91L is about kaput, though never say never. The wave in the atlantic also isn't impressing me that much right either.

I also looked up the greek alphabet, and am copying it here those people who don't know it

Alpha
Beta
Gamma
Delta
Epsilon
Zeta
Eta
Theta
Iota
Kappa
Lamda
Mu
Nu
Xi
Omikron
Pi
Rho
Sigma
Tau
Upsilon
Phi
Chi
Psi
Omega

I think we have an outside shot at making it to 30 depressions (that would be 4 more), particularly if 91L and the mid atlantic wave do manage to hang together (which isn't looking likely). There's always late season storms that form (Olga 2001 comes to mind), so just because the water tempratures are lower than summer, doesn't mean that things can't happen.

Considering how poorly I performed with Wilma, I'm not even going to take a stab at Beta

-Mark

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center