Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Oct 29 2005 02:35 PM
Re: Beta Moves West

Quote:

I think the birds know something. After Rita hit and my husband came home to survey the damage he found bird poop lined
up in a row along the bench and the windowsills on the back porch. I feed the birds so they must have taken refuge on the porch for
safety. What was interesting is how you could tell they had lined up closest to the brick wall on the porch.
How much rain will Beta bring to Nicaragua? Also, is this the last storm are do ya'll think there will be another one?

If Beta makes landfall in Nicaragua... lots! If not, still quite a bit.

Looking at the big picture.... I think we'll see at least two more storms before the end of the year. I see two areas - one approaching the islands that looks pathetic, another that will approach the islands in a couple of days probably that looks somewhat less pathetic. Even if neither of those develop, the way things are going this year, we're likely to have a front stall out sometime in November and form into Gamma. I also would not be shocked to see Delta form in December. We could be looking at another Storm of the Century type situation this winter.

I just read the 11am Discussion on Beta. This is interesting:
In addition...some of the deep tropical moisture associated with Beta
may get drawn into a developing winter-type low pressure system
over the Gulf of Mexico by the middle of next week.

What do they mean by "winter-type" low pressure system over the GOM? I do NOT like the sound of that! "Winter-type" sounds an awful lot like ice and snow.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center