Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Fri Nov 04 2005 12:32 PM
Re: November, Slow But Watching the Southwestern Caribbean

As of this morning, conditions have become very much more favorable for development in the SW Carib...which is not to say that anything will develop. This is not reflected in the wording of the 1130 TWO, which does at least acknowledge the possibility.

Upper level anti-cyclonic motion is combined with three good possible outflow channels, low shear, and increasing vorticity, above the area of disturbed weather from the tropical wave.

Regardless, the continuing heavy rains are causing a huge problem for the coasts of Nicaragua and Honduras, still dealing with the effects of flooding from Beta.

Well more knowledgeable folks than myself disagree...from the aft TWD:

LARGE-SCALE CONDITIONS DON'T APPEAR TO BE VERY FAVORABLE FOR ANY SIGNIFICANT DEVELOPMENT.

Is this because of all the dry air moving in strongly from the eastern Carib (can be seen on the floater)?

Mid-aft...please tell me I am seeing things. Looks like a LLC at about 12N between 80-82W, no assoc convection.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center