Tropics Guy
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Nov 09 2005 03:14 AM
Re: Wilma Article

I experienced the eyewall with Katrina & Wilma passing through S Broward county. Katrina was like a bad thunderstorm as it mostly did tree & shrubbery damage. Wilma was much worse, it took off half my roof, most of the trees are a goner around here, and of course it wreaked havoc on the power and communication systems down here. It is just starting to get back to normal around here, though we will see Wilma's scars for quite some time. Wilma may have been reported as a strong Cat 1 when she passed through Broward but, being through the experience and seeing the aftermath there is no doubt in my mind at least in this area that there were strong Cat 2 winds around here.

TG

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center