Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Thu Nov 17 2005 06:54 AM
Re: alrighty then

Quote:

93L appears to have become rather better organised inn the last hour or so. I imagine they will have to move the floater soon.
None of the models reflect this at present, but I remember one or two of them showing this a couple of days ago.

The sun hasn't risen over 93L yet, but looking at the IR4 loop... it's far from moving onshore into Honduras - considering that the convection is moving NW, not West. The convection is still displaced from the LLC, but I suspect that the center will reform during the day under the convection, and that we'll have TD 28 if the NHC doesn't cancel the recon into it. The position of the cold front will, IMHO, prevent landfall in Central America, and push the system north and eventually northeast. In other words, it's going exactly where TD 27 was originally forecast to go.

There appears to be a HUGE ULL in the Atlantic northeast of the islands, moving southwest. I think this feature will close the book on the most active hurricane season on record.... finally... unless something weird happens like it forms a low at the surface and becomes a tropical or subtropical cyclone itself. Not gonna happen.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center