Lysis
(User)
Fri Nov 18 2005 02:36 PM
Re: nothing yet, but it ain't over

00z gfdl is neat… at about 78 hours it is splits and makes another closed low entirely, with the parent system making landfall in western cuba as a hurricane. The latter energy crosses florida, ingests the other, and then bombs out to a 970mb> low around 40N!
This is basically an exercise in the allocation of energy I guess, which I am not sure to what proficiency the models handle. I cannot wait to see how all this pans out.

EDIT: Margie, as you know the politics of regeneration are always shaky at best. I think in this case they will just make up a new tropical cyclone however, if not go straight to Gamma.

EDIT II: ah, never mind. I just looked at the 06z... which looks, uh, just like Wilma

Arrghhh... I crave information

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center