HanKFranK
(User)
Tue Nov 22 2005 02:37 AM
Re: Global Warming and weather events..

95L: nothing new. it's crested it's nne movement, and a large block to the north should depress its track southward from here. the classification of a subtropical system is about the most inconsistently done duty of the nhc. pretty much every subtropical system in the last few years has been post-analyzed to an earlier point than when it was classified... frequently a tropical system that transitioned from an extratropical one will have a subtropical phase added in for when the satellite analysis dvorak #s were saying 'subtropical' and the nhc was twiddling its thumbs, mentioning the systems in outlooks, waiting for an unalienable signal that the storm was a tropical cyclone... like an eye. 95L is part of the way there. if it goes the whole way, it'll be interesting to see how the nhc goes about classifying it.
global warming: yes, its real. so is global cooling. we're in an interglacial phase right now. personally i don't care if it gets warmer as long as the result isn't a glacial meltwater slowing of the north atlantic downwelling and that thermohaline conveyor shutdown that was so fakely portrayed on the day after tomorrow. if they're growing corn in northern quebec in 200 years... great. better than having half a mile of ice sitting on chicago, or spruce trees in north florida. twenty thousand years ago, that was the case.
forecast 2006: check over in the forum. i'm putting up an early 2006 prediction page. probably soon ed or i will put up the verification for the fall 2004 and may 2005 predictions for this season that we made for fun... to see how everybody fared with this really outlandishly active season. everyone underpredicted, of course.
HF 0237z22november

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center