dave foster
(Weather Hobbyist)
Wed Nov 23 2005 01:39 PM
Re: Delta... why not?

Well, I'm really confused now! What has everyone been watching for the last 12 hours and discussing. It seems like I've been watching a low, not 95L. It appears that the 4x4 mass that was centred on 30N 40W at 0000z was not 95L, even though it looked like a tropical-type system with a developing eye and distinct banding. Now, I look at the latest NRL images and still see the 4x4 mass centred at 27.5N 40.9W, but that is some 2.5 degrees south of where 95L is supposed to be located, although I cannot see anything there?? From what I am now reading, and from what I just saw in the GFDL animation, 95L has been, and still is, embedded in the 4x4 low and revolving inside it. Someone please tell me, is that the case? And, if so, how could so many people on this forum have got it so wrong?

I have to say that, like many others here 12 hours ago, I couldn't understand why the NHC were not classifying
what I was seeing. I think I now understand why - they weren't seeing what everyone else appeared to be seeing.

I just want to understand what has actually been happening in the mid atlantic since just before this thread was started.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center