ltpat228
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Nov 23 2005 04:34 PM
Re: Delta... why not?

I gather intel from many sources (including some of these posts) as I'm a Floridian and literally, have almost had my fill of hurricanes in my state. My entire family lives in various cities within my state and if a 'cane doesn't affect me directly, it almost always goes near another family member's town.
Last year was the real kicker with Frances and Jeanne's eyes going directly over where I live on the ocean. We suffered massive devastation and to this day, I am still helping clean and rebuild my community. I quit my long-time profession after Jeanne enabling me to hop out in to the streets and attempt to put our homes back together.
I have never known a more rewarding phase in my life.
I fully am aware that several weather hobbyists thoroughly enjoy prediciting what course Mother Nature will take as well as interacting with other hobbyists. In some posts I am observing almost an obsession with "needing to know."
What happens...happens.
I am grateful for all your posts yet more vitally, the opportunity to assist my community...each and every aftermath...lol.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center