FloydRTurbo
(Verified CFHC User)
Wed Nov 23 2005 10:31 PM
Re: Delta... why not?

I was wondering if anyone has any comments or insight on the latest model runs on http://moe.met.fsu.edu/tcgengifs/. Specifically the GFS and UKMET models which spin off another low from Delta that looks like it has a more westerly track to start off. Any idea of the likelihood of this scenario? Since I've been storm trooping I haven't followed model runs this year very closely and don't know which ones are proving to be the most reliable in given situations. All I know is the GFDL appears to have done the best with Katrina, Rita, and Wilma (at least from what I could tell) and it doesn't spawn a potential Epsilon (or Zeta if Epsilon forms in the carribean later in the week - hard to believe this year's made it this far in the Greek Alphabet). Just a point of curiosity...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center