Nanci
(Registered User)
Sat Nov 26 2005 11:36 AM
Re: Bye, bye, Delta!

MARGIE - I live on the Gulf Coast and the word "fascinating" is not a word i would use to describe this season. Maybe you feel that way because you are tucked away all safe and sound in Minnesota, but not for those of us in the hurricane prone areas. The last two years has been hell for a lot of folks from Texas to the Florida Keys. I doubt they find anything about hurricanes "fascinating". I am sure you go through a lot of trouble when you lose power because of ice storms and or extreme cold, but still, it can't be anything like what we endure during a major hurricane. I used to live up north, i know what it's like during the winter, but in all my years of going through blizzards and ice storms never once did i have to evacuate or worry about losing my home. I guess it's easy to feel relaxed and at ease about hurricane season when you don't actually have to live through it, so please try to have some compassion for those of us who must deal with these storms six months out of the year. Thank You.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center