GuppieGrouper
(Weather Master)
Sat Nov 26 2005 12:41 PM
Re: Bye, bye, Delta!

Nanci, I am so sorry you lost your home and all the other things that the last two season have caused. I am in Florida and was greatly affected financially by last year's storms directly, and financially this year but indirectly by the storms that hit south of me this year. We have been informed that although we did not file a claim nor did we even suffer a close hit this year, that our insurance premium will go up on our home which is worth less than one third of what insurance companies are paying out to people on the shores of the Florida Coasts for mansion-like structures. It is not fair. IT is also financial damage to us since our income is fixed regardless of what the storms do.

Having said all this, mother nature is and continues to be fascinating just as a fire in the fireplace is hypnotic, but will destroy you if used or allowed to get out of control.

I don't think fascinating in this instance is a pleasurable term it is just descriptive we can't seem to stop watching nor should we.Speaking of which, is mother nature trying to teach us the entire Greek alphabet this year? I have a Greek grammar book I can read if I need to thank you very much.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center