Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Sat Nov 26 2005 07:39 PM
A Fascinating Discussion

'Fascinating' is indeed a valid word to describe the reason that many folks visit this site. It is, after all, a site for tropical weather enthusiasts to meet and share information. That fascination gets channeled in many different ways, but it does not mean that the folks here are not sensitive - they are very aware of the destruction and agony that a hurricane can inflict upon others. Your assumption was incorrect. Their interests are channeled down many avenues: to learn more about these storms, to share knowledge, to give or seek advice. If most of them were not fascinated by this raw force of Nature, they would not be here and this site would not exist because it would serve no useful purpose. I have been personally involved with these meteorological demons for over 50 years - and I still find them fascinating. I also pick up the pieces of home and property after each storm roars through the local area, and they do too. I curse the loss and the cost and the tragic consequences no matter where the storm hits - and they do too. Don't let your own sensitivity to a single word, misdirect your judgement of how others on this site may feel. We understand where your feelings are coming from - and many here have lost almost everything (except their life) yet they are still here to learn and to help others through shared experiences. Knowledge shared is knowledge gained. Its probably time to bring this particular discussion item to a close and get back to the current activity in the tropics.
Thanks,
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center