Lysis
(User)
Sun Nov 27 2005 04:01 PM
Re: Bye, bye, Delta!

I have a quick question...

Does the NHC tracking map’s designation of H, S, D, etc, signify the storm's existence as a tropical entity, or merely wind speed? I think I remember reading it was meerly wind intensity, however considering the fact that these maps are discontinued when tropical characteristics are lost, it seems a trifle odd that they would do that.

After all season of watching tropical waves move west on METEOSAT, it is so weird to look at it and watch Delta moving NE.

I concur Margie... (not weird… fascinating!) I saved all the images of the storm deepening last night and made an extended gif. If you would like, I could email it to you for posterity.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center