Clark
(Meteorologist)
Fri Dec 02 2005 05:05 PM
Re: record keeping

I've got a pretty good hunch we'll see Cindy upgraded to a hurricane in the best-track data...

In any case, that'd make 15 hurricanes -- and if Delta gets upgraded, which probably isn't as likely, 16 hurricanes -- just adding to the overall numbers.

Quite possibly, Epsilon will be the last storm on the board for 2005. The tropics aren't really condusive to anything and a large blocking low toward the NW of Epsilon isn't ready to let go, making any future subtropical/tropical development in the northern Atlantic unlikely after Epsilon is gone. Then again, Epsilon may just hang around instead of head off into the great blue yonder and go extratropical -- not quite sure on that. The more northward motion that I thought about a few days ago hasn't really panned out and I don't see anything that would result in it doing so unless that low were to kick out toward the east. Nevertheless, here we are on December 2nd with a hurricane in the basin.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center