Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Dec 05 2005 02:20 AM
Here we go again

I've lost track now of how many times Epsilon's convection has waned and improved, but it is sure looking good tonight (again). Convection has wrapped around the center again, looking as good as it has every looked, it still appears to be steady-state, and while not as prominent as today, there is still decent outflow. It's diving south pretty quickly. It certainly doesn't look like it is under 30+ knots of wind shear, but I'm guessing this must have to do with shallow convection? It's a little confusing; I don't know if I'll log in tomorrow to find a Cat 2 hurricane or something that has started being ripped to shreads.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center