Margie
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Mon Dec 12 2005 11:48 AM
Re: Watching Oddballs

Clark, HF, Danny thank you so much for the informative posts and the links. I hadn't found any other sat images to look at except the 4x daily METEOSAT-8 color-enhanced IR (wish they would have moved the floater a bit east of where it was, but instead they took if off the ATL ocean and centered it over FL). I did not know about the OPC web site; was able to go between their very useful maps and the sat image this morning, and between that and your posts and this morning's TWD, I understand what I am seeing, although it is hard for me to figure out the different types of clouds on the too-colorful IR image. With each of these storms I am understanding more about their formation. I'm finding this just as interesting as looking at the purely tropical systems I watched all season.

Quote:

...or NHC is reading the thread here

I imagine that when storms are brewing the NHC forecasters are crazy busy just to get everything done to get the forecast products out, but it would be nice to think that in the down time, between, some of them might wander over here now and then, to see what we're seeing and saying (and, this season, to see if we enjoyed the offbeat comments in the discussions), or what puzzles us. We are the nicest hurricane board on the web , and we have you guys posting the great met information.

margie, really... we've got nothing on those guys. -HF

That is not what I meant.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center