Clark
(Meteorologist)
Fri Dec 30 2005 01:27 AM
Re: Merry Christmas No Hurricanes!

No problem, Eduardo.

Margie -- I had heard about that somewhere, but didn't even think about it here. No worries.

I just posted the last article in the series of the 2005 season-in-review. They aren't nearly as detailed as the NHC preliminary reports, but they are out sooner (except for the 6 that are currently available). With this last one, I tried to add in some more information toward understanding those high-latitude storms, such as Vince, Delta, and Epsilon. I personally liked doing the shorter months better than, say, August and September just because of being able to discuss what happened moreso than having a large number of storms to tackle with each report (and keep them *reasonably* small). I've also gone back and added another paragraph to the October summary at the end of Wilma's discussion, this one touching upon storm size.

Intrigued by what's going on out northwest of the Cape Verdes, certainly moreso than I was, but it has a very short window that is already closing. More of the models are calling for some surface development out there now than before (well, two versus zero), but it still is not a likely candidate for any development.

Happy New Year, everyone!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center