HanKFranK
(User)
Sun Jan 01 2006 08:54 PM
Re: Happy New Year -- from Zeta!?!

don't think it's developing an eye or anything. Actually had a banding type eye feature back on december 30, but that was just a function of scant convection and a dry environment more likely than not. That said, convection has bursted near the center this afternoon. nhc hasn't upped the intensity on their latest advisory, but it isn't looking any worse for the wear, and since it's stopped pushing west and is showing evidence of becoming vertically deeper.. i wouldn't be surprised if it stays stalled or starts drifting east.
just an off-the-wall note. long range gfs has been showing a rather pronounced 200mb ridge developing in the deep tropics east of the islands and migrating to over the caribbean. such a feature, if it verifies... would be somewhat anomalous and might be very interesting if a frontal tail or vorticity lobe were to tail down into it.
HF 2051z01january
note: i'll summarize the early 2006 forecasts made on here in a forum post to start of the '06 storm forum when mike or john or christine puts it up. zeta hanging around has already given us the first '06 storm activity in a really odd fashion, but it's really an '05 storm.

doofy me... it's already up. -HF

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center