Goosus
(Verified CFHC User)
Tue Jan 03 2006 06:15 AM
Re: Happy New Year -- from Zeta!?!

This storms looks pretty good on IR and WV loops. It looks like outflow is pretty strong except to the south and southeast, and I'm seeing the hint of some banding features as well.

Almost no one has been around here, and I was out of town at the time, but was it just my imagination that for more than half a day back on the 30th this had a eye? Someone mentioned above that it was just a trick of dry air entrainment, but it looked quite symetrical, stayed pretty much center of the storm, and persisted for longer than you would expect from other causes. I believe it was at the time of the first 2 advisories that I saw it.

Does anyone know where we could find some of these images or loops to take a better look?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center