Clark
(Meteorologist)
Thu Jan 05 2006 05:26 PM
Re: [Jaws music]

Two weeks I wouldn't have a problem with, until the middle of December, sorta like how the EPacific season starts in the middle of the month of May. The relative frequencies of storms in each basin during the last half of May and first half of December are probably about equal as well, at least for the past 10-15 years. It'd only cover a few storms, I believe, but I think is more feasible and, to the general public, less confusing than having a season span two years. Sure, the calendar is merely a construct we use on a daily basis and could be changed if we really wanted to, but there's no real incentive to do that. Just IMO.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center