scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Wed May 09 2007 05:33 PM
Re: Subtropical Storm Andrea Forms off Florida/Georgia Coast

The storm will slowly weaken in time. The LLC will try to vent a weak high over it as it pulls south-sw over the next 24-36 hours. It will have its mid and upper low now to its east and northeast and ridge over the NE gulf. It doesnt look well on Satellite right now..but I expect T-Showers to develop more overnight (as warmcore systems do). I dont think though it will gain strength..infact slight weakening as Clark said due to many limiting factors..including cool ssts in the mid 70s down to the Cape. I think it has a chance to come inland near St Augustine..maybe down towards Daytona Beach.. main impact with this system will be much needed rain squalls and some coastle flooding and erosion on the beaches.

Next ...possible 20% chance for a system to come up from the carribean in about a weeks time. Patten should set up with the 588mb ridge in the eastern carribean should push moisture N towards Cuba, Florida and the Bahamas next week.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center