cieldumort
(Moderator)
Sat May 12 2007 01:41 PM
Re: Andrea Remnants will it Reform as a Tropical Cyclone?

Wiping the sand out of my eyes here. 'Morning. Just looking over this most recent image.

We're still calling these "Andreas Remnants"- lol - seems like there should be a better description, even if not TD owing to technical qualifications unmet. We've seen worse looking TDs. There is now a pretty decent convective feeder band from the s-sw, and on again off again ball of convection right about the llc, And pressures were dropping throughout the night in a couple of places.

However, the strongest winds I have found within 150 nm radius of the approximate center came in a few hours ago at 32 knots, from only one ship report (QCd?), while the rest of the buoy, c-man & ship data leaves me entirely unimpressed. And now a lot of area pressures seem to be rising some again, and in some instances they are much higher than when x-Andrea was actually a named system.

One thing for sure, x-Andrea seems a lot more juiced up in the lower levels than at other times in days passed. If Florida could only get a lucky break and have her slide inland while not producing nearly as much wind as earlier, but with these healthy blowups of convection!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center