Psyber
(Storm Tracker)
Wed May 16 2007 02:39 PM
Re: andrea heading out

Quote:

I would not be surprised to that last day added on to Andrea's lifecycle -- not unlike how the unnamed subtropical storm was added as it accelerated northeast -- but having said that, I also agree with how they handled it operationally. Alas, it's not a bad debate to have for May.

NHC is going to face tough critics for a while longer after 05'. There hasn't been nearly enough finger pointing for the American public to relax. Out of chaos comes order...perhaps there is a silver lining in it all that people will no longer take hurricanes for party events/time off work and school and head inland ahead of storms instead of waiting 24 hours before landfall.

Anyways:
Pretty tenacious for a weak May storm with fairly cool SST's. Slightly warmer than normal but still...lets hope this years storms are not as tenacious on the warmer SST's on their way. I would have thought all the dry air/ash firing off Florida would have given the remnants of Andrea a right hook to the jaw...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center