typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Fri Jun 01 2007 04:22 AM
Re: 2007 Atlantic Hurricane Season Begins Today

From what I am observing of satellite trends, the curent system of interest is already attempting a transition to hybrid/baroclinic morphology (phase transition). The trough digging will likely, from this point forward, dictate this system's physical evolution. This is thus transforming into an unusual circumstance of sorts, in that for such an extremely low latitude, we are seeing cyclogenesis for jet mechanics working on horizontally induced theta-e gradients, at such at late date.

However, there will still be some residual tropical characteristics lingering considering origin. In situ proximity to native environment over the northwest Caribbean and southeast Gulf means more latent heat input than this type of trough really needs.

There may also be specific (detailed) windows of opportunity as discussed by my self in particular, but also Tony, as this entity begins to migrate north by northeast toward Florida and beyond.

Caveat: There is always an air of uncertainty when dealing with systems in this particular lat/lon, at this time of year. There is sufficient oceanic heat content should the environment closer to the Yuc Penn couple up between atm and SST. Namely, if this system remains very shallow, there is a "slim" chance it could be left behind. I have seen at least one (more though) model runs that showed chances for spin ups long after this major migration out of the area. That could be an indication that the area remains fertile post trough lifting out.
...A bit more speculation than perhaps wanted...apologies. It is worth noting however, as it does deal with the system currently in question.

Clark has also given a fine run down in his blog entry...I suggest you read it for educational and current conceptual clarity.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center