Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Jun 01 2007 02:11 PM
Re: isn't it moving fast?

looks like recon did the first pass by, through what looks like an open low center.... winds look to be right around 35mph at surface. see models are coming into a better agreement this afternoon. more toward the big bend are of florida, like last years storm. The low out in the upper midwest seems to be the deciding factor again with our first system of the season. There is just so much shear, its going to be interesting what they find. I expect the may find TS force winds, but will the name it? If the current shear over the center holds, i would expect the low to be clearly seen the rest of the day! One thing is sure, rain is on the way for most of the state. MUCH NEED RAIN!!!

Sat Vis

Lowest pressure i have seen is a 1004mb from recon. Winds 35mphs?

*latest Pressure i see now is 1003mb.. looks like there was no vortex drop as of yet. on the 11 obs now

***Check out the new http://www.hurricanehunters.com/ web site!!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center