CoconutCandy
(User)
Fri Jun 01 2007 07:59 PM
Re: Day 1. Tropical Storm Barry Forms in Gulf of Mexico

Well, Shiver me timbers!

Barry made the tropical transition that almost everyone *did not* think would happen, even myself.

I was looking at the very first visible pics and mentioned earlier an another post that it was looking alot like a sub-tropical system, at best. And there really wasn't much in the way of deep convection near the center.

But, alas! The deep convection finally did flare up, and despite the shear, began wrapping around the center, and with each passing visible pic added to the loop, it became apparent that cyclogenesis was unfolding before our eyes!

I too, eat crow. It just goes to show, folks, that with all our computer models, all the advanced analysis tools and the elaborate, 'high-brow' postings from our many very knowledgable members to this forum, that good 'ol Mother Nature has the final say and, often, she throws a curve ball just when we were expecting the slider.

But keep it up! There have been many very insightful and educational postings. Great forum. Learning tons! Thank you all.

I am so happy for the good folks who will be getting the drenching we've all been praying for so long.

I heard it's been dubbed 'Benifical Barry'. A true Godsend for the parched peninsula! THANKS BARRY!

- Former Coconut Grove and Key West Resident

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center