scottsvb
(Weather Master)
Sat Jun 02 2007 04:02 AM
Re: Day 1. Tropical Storm Barry Forms in Gulf of Mexico

Actually alot did speculate it had a good chance.. me included. I stated last night recon will check it out and there was a good chance it should be Barry..but it was up to the data the recon showed.Barry I still feel will be south of the NHCs landfall from Ft Myers-just north of Tampa Bay (Pasco) The storm is not purely tropical anymore...its last breathe was this evening....it should hold its own or strengthen more..but as a extra-tropical baroclinic low...as i feel its been transforming now. Still nonetheless....winds of 50-60mph near the landfall and squalls later on Saturday especially over S florida and eastern florida with the S and SW flow. Tornados are likely south of I-4 with a slight chance north. Rainfall amounts will range from near 1-2 inches in N central florida...to 6-8 inches in parts of S florida and along the west coast to TampaBay.

This was a nice start to the hurricane season...and florida needed this rainfall.

scott

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center