Hugh
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sat Jun 02 2007 02:45 PM
Re: Day 1. Tropical Storm Barry Forms in Gulf of Mexico

It looks to me, based upon the Tampa radar loop, that the actual LLC of what is left of Barry is just offshore, and moving up the coastline, north of Tampa. Either that, of the LLC is due north of Tampa, onshore. The thing is so disorganized now that I can't determine which quasi-spin I'm seeing is really what is left of the LLC.
If I go to the Tallahassee radar I see what appears to be a broad circulation moving onshore SSE of Perry. In the end it's really not important, because the whole area is getting drenched with much-needed rain. Those of us west of Panama City are getting hung out to dry, though.

Edit: 11am advisory confirms position of the now-downgraded TD Barry as north of Tampa, onshore.
All watches and warnings (other than tornados, of course) have been discontinued.

Edit2: Interesting bit from the discussion.. Barry and Barbara made landfall within about an hour of each other.
Any chance that the remnants of Barbara could sneak into the Bay of Campeche and reform?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center