CoconutCandy
(User)
Sun Jun 03 2007 07:54 AM
Attachment
Secondary Circulation ??

Morning All,

Not too sure if this is the proper place to post this ...
It does contain the most recent threads, and, since Barry is no longer tropical,
I didn't think that the "Tropical Storm Barry" forum was a good place, either.

Perhaps we need to start a new thread (forum?) for extra-tropical 'Barry'.
Feel free to move this posting if you do so.

Now then ...

I'm checking out the satellite and doppler loops for ex-Barry, and I'm noticing something rather curious.

It would appear that there is a smaller circulation center that's been rotating through SE Georgia, now just exiting into the Atlantic, near the Georgia/South Carolina border, that appears to be embedded within the much larger overall circulation of the now extratropical Barry remnent. (Please view the attached satellite photo.)

I remember reading in these forums a day or two ago that a "piece of energy" might get 'left behind' as the overall, larger circulation accelerates off towards New England.

Question: Could this bit of 'vorticity' break away when ex-Barry pulls away, and languish over the Gulf stream for possible (sub?)-tropical development down the road.

Or, am I just noticing the ''inner sanctum" of the overall extratropical circulation that will eventually 'wrap' more towards the center, instead of it currently being *distinctly* in the SW quadrant of the overall much larger circulation.

I'd be interested in hearing from our forum meteorologists what their take is on this little 'will-o-the-wisp' of a 'circulation center'. Is this common with freshly transitioned systems when they acquire non-tropical characteristics?

--------------------------------------------------------

"The most incomprehensible thing about this Universe is that it should be comprehensible at all !!" - Albert Einstein

--------------------------------------------------------

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center