danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Sat Jun 23 2007 09:10 AM
Saturday morning

With the GHCC server being down at Marshall Spaceflight Center. I've learned that is nearly impossible to find satellite images that are less than an hour old. Which by some standards is fast!

While checking the Tropics this morning I noticed the latest QuickScatter pass over the Eastern Gulf of Mexico contained a low level circulation of about 25 knots. This is located due west of Tampa and south of the Appalachicola/ Big Bend area.

Quickscatter (time sensitive)

Visible Image at 1215Z ( 9AM EDT)

Other areas:
Trough in Western Caribbean has reinitiated convection near the Belize Coast.

Mesoscale system off of the Corpus Christi,TX area. Appears to be connected to a mid level Low. Based on the New Orleans Vertical wind directions... SE at the 4000 ft level, and westerly at the surface.

Convection beginning to appear near the Low circulation north of the Bahamas.

Medium sized tropical wave has just entered the Eastern Atlantic Ocean off of Africa at 1200Z. The EUMETSAT IR imagery gives a better look at the size. However the system is between two sat sectors and is a bit hard to define the total satellite signature.

EUMETSAT

Yes, I was slightly bored~danielw

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center