Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Jul 03 2007 04:43 AM
Re: Waiting...But Not Quite There Yet

I just noticed that about 10 minutes ago too. That's our little darling out in the mid-Atlantic showing up under INVEST on NHC. Maybe they are anticipating the Navy a bit, although I am not exactly clear how that designation stuff works. It certainly has a nice little flare-up of convection on the northeast side tonight, but will need a lot more getting together before it gets really interesting. I always have trouble with scale when they are that far away since there is no land near and few of the satellites give a good view if they HAVE land in them. At least it is something to look at this early in the season. Keep us posted.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center