cieldumort
(Moderator)
Thu Jul 05 2007 06:47 AM
Re: 96L Dead??

I am bought-in. I posted less than two hours ago on the difficult environment that 96L has been struggling in. I still see that 96 is still in that generally less-than-friendly part of the world... and for all the reasons I outlined above.. but I am not the first, nor the last, to comment on this bugger's penchant for holding on and fighting back. As has often been stated here and elsewhere... it's often those tenacious ones that we really ought to be wary of, as they can, and have been known to, fight just about everything back, and deliver upside surprises - not to mention toy with the forecast tracks.

So, if this most recent trend of wrapping convection all the way around the center of the vortex continues - and I will qualify this with saying we have seen this with 96L twice before now, actually - I'll give it the Third Times the Charm benefit of the doubt, and agree that it is probably on its way to earn more than honorable mention.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center