Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Jul 18 2007 03:27 AM
Re: Waiting...But Not Quite There Yet

well.. just a few of my thoughts.... i am particular interested in the tropical wave coming into the southern islands. Just to the SE... The ULL low in the Mid north carb i think is about to clear the area out for some waves to move along into.. there is already a tropical wave just over the middle nothern carb. (east of the ULL)... And with the surge of tropical feeds/mositure into southern TX and western GOM... I think we are about to see somewhat of a pattern change in the coming days/week... We are getting the troughs digging down out of the Upper midwest to the mid southeast then out to the east coast..... strong lows up in the hudson bay area of Canada.... this pattern looks somewhat similar to a few years back... I just don't see to many atlantic systems right now with the current setup... Pressures in the ATL are high, and don't look to change for some time.... think i saw someone post about a pattern like.... atl to the carb... and then up around into the GOM.. or into central america... almost keeping the atlantic side shut down... WATER TEMPS ARE WARM NOW... depth of warm water is increasing too in certain areas.

for the cape verde season.... i like to see how the dust levels are in a few months... a post for another day... (but the ITCZ is somewhat more active now in recent weeks!)

Just one note now... I would highly recommend to do final checks on you Hurricane Kits... I hear that gas prices may be goin up again soon... Use the extra money to supply your kits...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center