cieldumort
(Moderator)
Wed Jul 18 2007 08:25 AM
Re: Waiting...But Not Quite There Yet

New feature possibly worth watching, Storm Hunter points out there. That is one impressive wave. Additionally, I can't remember the last time I've seen the GOM & Caribbean get the dry out like is happening tonight (Link: Water Vapor Loop). I think it was at least a month ago, now. Also, a few pockets of low shear are also starting to pop up here or there in the region (Link), although the eastern Caribbean, where that impressive wave is about to enter, is running moderate to high at this time.

Will be interesting if this is a turning point in the region. Little by little, more and more of the indicators are turning positive per climatology, and with a recent MJO pulse now in effect over this area as well, these next few weeks could be intriguing.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center