typhoon_tip
(Meteorologist)
Fri Jul 20 2007 07:54 PM
Re: Things to Watch

Quote:

Quote:

Ed and gang,

My feeling is that an Invest should be scheduled sooner rather than later for the TW that is flaring moderate to heavy convection in the NE Caribbean.

Your suggestion taken to heart....
Invest considered.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/MIAREPRPD.shtml?

When my original posting was done there had just recently been a TPC statement released regarding southerly winds along the lower Leewards; suggesting at least a weakly closed surface circulation was evolving in the vicinity of the NE Caribbean. That, combined with the transiently impressive satellite presentation, and some favorable U/A conditions, is what prompted that optimism.

However, soon after making that post, I did my own analysis of the NE Caribbean and despite the TPC statement, I could not close off a circulation.

Lesson learned: Do own analysis first...so as not to be beguiled by other sources, because you take risk of drawing a false conclusion. [I think this was just a bad luck of sorts, though]

The problem is, you really have to close off a circulation of some kind before an Invest run can be made. The wind and pressure pattern may have hinted earlier in the evening, but by later on it was pretty non-descript and disorganized in that area.

Now, ...now that this wave splitting has taken place, we are in a new paradigm of sorts. What ever happens from here on out should be taken as analysis, anew. Whatever is left of the TW ...it is moving away from the upper level anticyclone and into a bit of WSW shear/jet channeling on the south side of the TUTT axis. This is not optimal for development -- although as noted by TPC, conditions could improve in a day or so. Not seeing an Invest out of this for the time being, though.

We'll see... otherwise, back to watching.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center