Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Fri Jul 27 2007 09:39 PM
Re: One more thing...

Well.... been looking at Euro sats today... there is a good amount of Dust out there crossing the atl. The models are getting a little more bullish on trying to develope something... the current wave exiting the coast of Africa, i think is the strongest one so far this season. But like others so far, will it filter out? The water temps are not that warm in that region yet and to the north that ridge is strong and coupled along with the area of low pressure over northwestern Africa, i think are allowing the dust to be picked up and travel the atl to the carribean, almost identical to last year. This is common for this to happen. Just now how will the US weather pattern setup in the coming weeks?

I am somewhat more glued now to the C.Atl. region... there appears to be a nice little low trying to form... Low level swirl around 44w 12n ish.... There is some blow up convection tonight around that center....Will see if it can hold for the trip to the carribean....To the west and north of this low, alot of dry air!
Vis Shot

12z Surface (dated)

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center