WeatherNut
(Weather Master)
Thu Aug 16 2007 06:12 PM
Re: Erin makes landfall in Texas, Dean strengthens and nears Lesser Antilles

It looks to me like the ULL over the Bahamas is elongating SW to NE rather than moving to the west. Looks sort of like a "squeeze play" between the high pressure systems. I would expect the tracking to go slightly right of where they are now. Instead of trying to pinpoint an area (impossible right now), ask yourself these questions if you are on the gulf or atlantic coast...where is the hurricane evacuation route for my area? Where would I evacuate to? (inland hotels fill up very quickly). Do I have supplies necessary set aside if I have to stay put. Be prepared before everyone is scrambling to do the same thing at the last minute.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center