Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Wed Aug 29 2007 02:34 AM
Re: ready

Well.. this thread is got some good posts in it tonight... out of the three area's we are watching... i think two of them have a good chance of forming into a tropical low. 1st. the area of the S. Carolina coast... its going to be around for a few days... while sitting over the gulf stream, its going to become better organized in my opinion... i do think that the next front coming into the east coast this weekend however will catch it and drag it off to the NE. I would expect to see surf pick up along the SE coast in coming days, and some good NE flow down the east coast, perhaps some dry air? #2. 94L in the atlantic... if it can survive another two-three days in the atlantic... then its going to be some player down the road in the carb.!!! #3 has impressed me tonight, the latest TWO doesn't give it much chance, but the mid and upper level look impressive...(i would think that the Navy would throw up an Invest tag on it tonight around mid-night)... Pressures in the western Carb. are not falling at the surface at last check.. there is really a strong east to west flow at the surface. If it can mix down to the surface, it may have a chance...i'm just not sure it can right now... If the storms presist for the night, it may need some watching...Man, i feel bad for the folks that just went threw Dean, MORE TROPICAL mositure on the way.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center