Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Aug 31 2007 12:31 PM
Re: Tropics Acting Up Again

94L soon to be Felix has continued to develope overnight and first visible shots show a build up of thunderstorms to the west of what looks to be a center and some developing to the north and east as well. I would expect to see at least a TD at 11am or maybe waiting for recon reports at 2pm. No matter I do believe Felix is on its way. As for the southern islands this will be a rain maker more than anything. I do believe this system will move w-nw over then next 24-48 hours into the central carribean. The diffrence with this system from Dean is the strong high to Dean's north is not there this time so a more northern direction is possible. How much is the question. A trough over the middle of the nation next week might open up the gulf for business so right now its too early to determin exactly how this will unfold. The disturbed weather east of the Bahamas may also play a roll as well as the approaching front off the east coast over the weekend. So theres alot to look at over the next few days as this system developes. Right now the southern islands need to get ready for possible heavy rain.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center