danielwAdministrator
(Moderator)
Sat Sep 01 2007 09:05 AM
Recon

Apparent problems with one of the Recon flights this morning. Departed for Felix and were airborne about 60 minutes.
Highest measured wind speed at flight level was 38 knots. First aircraft has since turned back north bound and I didn't see any lat/ longs near the storm center per the NHC/ TPC coordinates.

Second aircraft was still on the ground at last check, but appeared to be ready for takeoff.

I may have missed some of the data, but I checked it 2 or 3 times.

Meanwhile. The buoy reports from the Eastern Cribbean aren't indicating any real changes. With an exception to the wind gusts at the far Eastern Caribbean buoy. Pressure was just above sea level pressure or around 29.95 in Hg.
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=42059

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center