nicaragua
(Registered User)
Tue Sep 04 2007 01:42 PM
Re: likely consequences of Felix

puerto cabezas is getting pounded now. i have been on the phone about every 15 minutes with a co worker of mine
light poles down, trees down, roofs blowing off, houses being blown apart. the the airport in port has one of the longest runways in nicaragua, and the road into puerto is bad on a good day. also you have thousands of people living within 50 miles north . miskito key, big sandy bay, wawa and several other small villages. there have been several distress calls from this area. cell phone reception is poor and in and out. but i have been able to have contact so far this morning. it is not looking good for this area.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center