allan
(Weather Master)
Mon Sep 10 2007 02:34 PM
Re: Very Busy Week in the Tropics

I see peoples point on bashing 92L due to the lack of convection but, it does appear on the last few IR images, the convection (blob) to the south is sort of slowly rejoining the little swirl to its north. The reason why it hasn't developed is because in that part of the Atlntic is a downward motion on the MJO pulse.. once it gets more west, it should enter the upward motion and should get going. A track to Florida sounds reasonable at this point.. most models don't recongize this but may I remind you that most of teh models never recongized Felix when it was an invest.. so far in my opinion, the models are doing horrible this year with the exception of Dean. We'll have to see if this rejoining force continues with 92L, it may be entering the upward motion.
http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/carb/loop-rb.html

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center