Allison
(Weather Guru)
Wed Sep 12 2007 04:27 PM
Re: Watching Wave East of the Caribbean

Well, I'm embarrassed to say that this thing snuck up on me.... I haven't been watching the site (or any other weather for that matter)....

This is uncannily like the TS Allison situation in 2001, especially considering that the models are currently keeping TD9 around SE Texas for awhile (of course, these are early runs and likely to change).

I was tending to agree with Shawn and Beaumont that TD9 was already a TS in all but name, but the buoy near Freeport, TX (42019) is showing a windspeed of 21.4kts as of 10:50AM -- so not quite TS yet. (This is near the reported center of TD9.) But note that the pressure is rising at this location, so the storm is likely moving away from the buoy, and may not be the best indicator of any expected strenghtening.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center