Storm Hunter
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 13 2007 01:12 AM
Re: Humberto Upgrade???

Quote:

Humberto is trying desperately to close the eye on the S and W side. It keeps going from more closed to less (back and forth) for the past several hours.
I do believe though that with the open eye and recon findings this will be upgraded at 2AM. The real question becomes how much more can Humberto
strengthen before landfall?

just watching the level II data and surface data from TX... i think Humberto has probaly reached its max... i think landfall near High Island, TX.. in less than 3 hrs... and i do think we will see weakening soon... just look.. from about 12 o'clock to about 7 o'clock on the system, clockwise... (north to east to south, around the storm) it looks alright... but then you look on the west side of the system... it looks bad.. Dry air winning out it looks to me...right now... Heck, i think they call it Galveston bay, between Houston and Galveston... Half of it is not even raining in no more...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center