allan
(Weather Master)
Thu Sep 13 2007 12:07 PM
Re: Hurricane Humberto

Quote:

Only wishcasters got this 1 right...

Ok, i'll tell you and everyone this again, I did not wishcast this storm.. I have scientific proof on my backup for a strong TS / Hurricane landfall...
1st, I knew this would strengthen to a Hurricane before I went to bed because I found winds on the bouys to be very ominious.
2nd, The waters in that area are VERY warm, you could not have told me it wouldn't have time when we saw Felix and Wilma ramp up the way they did.. at some points in FORECASTING, not wishcasting, you might need to look at past events.
3rd. Humberto was going to get strong, there was no doubt in my mind about this.. I started to say around 5 p.m. yesterday, IF this were to continue, it COULD ramp up into a Hurricane at landfall.. and this is no surprise to me..
Hurricane Claudette ramped up from 65 to 80 mph. storm in one night.. Durinal Maximum took the toll on this one... and I knew it would!
Wishcasting is people who point out where the storm is going to go without scientific proof! There's my proof

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center