weatherguy08
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Sep 13 2007 02:28 PM
Re: Hurricane Humberto

Looking at the storm total precipitation graphic, the heaviest rain in southwest Louisiana appears to be south of Interstate 10. Vermilion Parish (southwest of Lafayette) has seen the heaviest rain with rain totals approaching ten inches in some areas. My weather station at home has recorded a storm total precipitation of 1.50 inches as of 9:30 AM Thursday morning. An additional 2.00 inches of rain (possibly more) appears likely across south-central Louisiana and the Lafayette Metro area. As of this post, my sustained winds in Lafayette are at 11 MPH with gusts to 17 MPH, though my instruments are below standard level and I estimate the winds at standard level to be sustained at 15 MPH and gusting in the 20 - 25 MPH range.

Looking at statewide observations, the highest winds are occurring at Chenault Air Park in Lake Charles where winds are south at 26 MPH gusting to 35 MPH. The highest winds are likely in Beauregard Parish (north of Lake Charles) but the reporting station at Beauregard Parish Airport has apparently lost power as it is no longer reporting.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center