Lamar-Plant City
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 13 2007 06:14 PM
Re: Humberto Landfall

Quote:

Meanwhile, TD8 is getting sheared like a sheep and fighting to hang on--which it is doing pretty well so far, though. I've been watching since the early 90s (only as an interested amateur), and it seems to me that over the past several years the systems seem to be very tenacious. They hang on longer in tough environments than they used to.

TD8 IS hanging in there...a lot less symetrical, but nice flare-up of convection early this afternoon just north of the COC. Will be interesting to see how well it survives the next 2 days. Looks like the shear just ahead is relaxing a bit, but not to the north of it. I do NOT like storms in this area. They almost always threaten Florida, although they only seem to actually AFFECT us about 50% of the time. Mets keep us posted on future trends here.

Also, it looks like the models on Humberto are going in opposite directions. GFDL wants a hairpin turn back through the GOM to south Texas, while the BAMM now wants to take it though the deep south to the Atlantic...can't be much farther apart than that. GOM is so warm it could EASILY refire if its center re-emerges from the land....keeping close watch!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center