HanKFranK
(User)
Fri Sep 14 2007 10:16 PM
H-I storms

h-storm is now a decoupled remnant low. hpc is tracking the vortmax up near rome georgia. what i'm watching is the low-level vorticity washing south-southeastward over lower mississippi, due back in the gulf overnight. there's decent low level convergence offshore, and it's probably at least going to maintain a disturbance. it's pie in the sky, and has almost no model support, but there's still a snowball's chance that it will start acting up again over the gulf. i'm betting against, for what it's worth.
i-storm is being talked down by most everybody. it's unclear what will happen with whatever is left of ingrid around the middle of next week. about half of the globals recurve it and send the remnant vorticity northeast to meet up with another deep layer-type low up there. the other half squeeze what is left under the sharp, strong ridge progged for the western atlantic next week and send it rocketing westward. the forecast with it is extremely uncertain... as was reckoned on here by others.. the thing could die and then come back as a westward moving, threat system.
gonna be stuff to worry about closer in. most of the models are developing a coastal inverted trough or perhaps low near the southeast over the next few days. getting a system out of the mess is a possibility, and that could have all kinds of possible outcomes based on exactly where and when such a thing would try to happen. also, euro keeps making a hurricane in the sw caribbean next week and sending it up into the gulf. some of the other globals see trouble in the general area, too. doesn't look like a quiet week, though the players aren't all on the field, and it's a question which ones, if any, will show up.
HF 2216z14september

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center